Rabu, 24 Mei 2017

The Gospel In My Work

"Whatever you do, do it wholeheartedly as for God and not for men, ..." (Colossians 3:23)

Believers who are called by God to work in any field are also called to preach the gospel! Can both of these go hand in hand and are directly proportionate regardless of which one is more important than the other? To understand how these two things can go hand in hand, we need to first get to know the special call of why we are in this world. God calls His churches to bring good news into every area of ​​legal work that exists in this world, illuminating every dark part that is still done by many lost people, ranging from social, economic, political, health, education , and so forth. The gospel of Christ must be immediately declared in many of these areas. Every believer has the same burden of preaching the gospel. The Great Commission in Matthew 28: 19-20 is not only given to those in the world of spiritual ministry and the church, but to every believer, every disciple of Christ who is currently doing many kinds of work. Does not matter if I am a street sweeper? Am I a scavenger garbage? Am I a manager in one company? Am I a politician? Am I a lawyer? Or was I just a food seller? Are you an artist? As long as your work is not a false job, God will use you to witness and proclaim the gospel to Him. When the Gospel is revealed in a person and he believes, the gospel will be revealed through his life, including in his work.

If we have found the basis of this truth, then the works we are working on are no longer centered on the needs and benefits of the self, but instead focus on the call of Christ to reveal His gospel and His person through what we do. I work so I can make ends meet, is it wrong? Of course not, but when I work and I do it for the Lord, I am bringing myself to the true and proper aim of "glorifying Christ". A person who knows God and has faith will believe in "God's providence", He is the Lord who nurtures His people. Thus, it is clear our purpose when we work as disciples of Christ is not to get and hoard as much money as possible to seek happiness, but to declare Christ in our work for the lost soul. This is the eternal value we can do as long as we live in this mortal world. The results we will get will be different, the quality that we will give and laurels will be different because God Himself is working with us and God's standards that we try.

Is this something easy? Of course in the implementation will be very difficult, many other gods that we will meet in the work. They are ready to flirt and take us away from our ultimate call. If we do work for God, surely the world and many people around will be enemies. Believe me, the world does not accept God's standards. Do not be afraid, do not leave, do not be like this world. In the Great Commission, in Matthew 28: 19-20, He promises to be with us until the end. This blessing is far more valuable than all the amount of money we have while working in this world.

The believer's primary call is to bring the good news wherever it is placed and in all good works entrusted. Today, again we will struggle together if God does not call me a missionary or evangelist, do I still have to preach the gospel? Yes! Do not offer ourselves not to preach the gospel, Paul says, "Woe unto me if I do not preach the gospel." Then, how do I preach the gospel while half my day more I use to work and earn money? 1 X 24 hours God gives us time to get to know the gospel itself and preach it, surely we must begin by struggling, "does my work do not contradict the biblical principle?" If not, the next struggle "how do I witness the love of Christ in my work so there is hope for many people to hear the Gospel of Christ through what I do and I may be a witness for them?"

When I do this principle, then I am actually doing the mission of the Kingdom of God. I am being a messenger sent in the community. How is the real step to start taking the gospel in my work?

John 14:12
The gospel is the news of joy, God forgives human wrongs and brings people back to the true goal, the noble purpose that God gives. Man can reconcile with the Creator of the universe, man can reconcile with himself, man can reconcile with others, and man can reconcile with nature. Working and working out all the potentials of self is the mandate God gives, man must manage the resources that exist outside himself and man must also manage the potential that is in him. Then, how is our practical step to preach the gospel personally through our work? We must begin with God's word and prayer, God's word will reveal the truth that will change our 180-degree point of view, my life for Christ is not for me anymore (Galatians 2: 19-20). "Mission is the longing of God's heart which we understand through the word of God". Pray, ask the Discipler who made the plan of your life. I remember clearly when I first read the call of an Isaiah prophet to the Israelites in Isaiah 6, the Lord asked, "Who will go for Me?" Isaiah swiftly replied, "Here I send me!" God needs your readiness to go to proclaim the good news, do not care whether it is at your earliest or not, that is the same question many people ask when confronted with the Gospel preaching. God will add wisdom and spiritual gifts, rekindle the evangelistic fire that may be extinguished, God will do His wonderful things through us. Grapple for your work! The work that makes us happy to live it is not work that suits our desires or our hobbies, the work that will make us rejoice in it is the work we do because God wants us to do it. Pray earnestly, ask God for wisdom and inclusion. For you who are married would have a much heavier struggle than those who are single. We will be led to realistic thinking and the life of faith, between logic and faith in God. Work to proclaim the good news, the Lord who sent is the Lord responsible for looking after our lives. Jesus bless you.

1 komentar:

  1. agen poker terbesar dan terpercaya IONQQ. pin BB : 58ab14f5
    silahkan daftar dan dapatkan keuntungan yang besar dengan bermain di IONQQ.GAMES

    BalasHapus